Friday, October 24, 2008

Facebook Is in the Tank for Barack Obama

BOULDER, Colorado -- I have noticed that a lot of people on Facebook have been adding the middle name "Hussein," ostensibly to show moral support for Barack Obama and his oft-mocked name. I thought I would show some solidarity myself with a beleaguered public figure, a man who has been the victim of racist attacks and vicious smears, a man who has fought hard to overcome the obstacles of our bigoted and unfair society.

I was very, very disappointed when Facebook's automated name-change approval system rejected my request, thereby denying my attempt to make a powerful political statement through my profile.

If I want to change my middle name to "O.J. Simpson," I should be allowed to do so.

Because today, we are all O.J. Simpson, aren't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment